You got a new fur family member, congratulations! As excited as you are to finally have them home, it’s important to remember that your new pup is now in a completely unfamiliar environment. There are many ways to help acclimate your dog to their new home, but using training treats is a great way to implement positive reinforcement that your dog will respond to.
“Treat” vs. “Training Treat”
Before we go down the list, it’s important to clarify the difference between a “treat” and a “training treat”. A “treat” is just what you would expect, a savory little snack you feed your dog. A “training treat” is essentially the same thing, except for size. While a “treat” can be anything from a Bully Stick to a Filled Bone, a “training treat” is often much smaller. The small size allows you to provide a tasty positive reward every time they make progress without blowing their healthy diet out of the water (or costing you an arm and a leg!).
6 Redbarn Training Treats:
1. Filled Biscuits: Peanut Butter or Beef
Why are filled biscuits great training treats?
- They come in a perfect bite-size bone shape
- The biscuits can be broken down even further if need be!
- Their delicious filling will leave your pet wanting more
- The crunchy texture helps prevent plaque build-up as your dog chews
Why are NatuRollies great training treats?
- They all come in a small bite size shapes that can be broken down further
- This crunchy cookie contains 50% fresh chicken
- Perfect for all life stages, whether your new dog is a puppy or a senior
- They’re tasty and nutritious!
3. Rolled Food Cubes: Beef, Chicken & Liver, or Lamb & Rice
Why are rolled food cubes great training treats?
- You can cut up the food into the perfect size for your dog
- They’re packed with fresh meat, minerals, and vitamins
- It’s been AAFCO certified for all life stages, from puppy to senior
- The delicious flavor will leave your dog wanting to progress in training to get more!
For more information, watch the video below!
Why are grain-free rolled food cubes great training treats?
- They contain no Corn, Soy, Beet Pulp, Sodium Nitrate, Carrageenan, artificial flavors, or colors
- They can be cut to the perfect size for your dog
- The fresh meat, minerals, and vitamins packed in the rolled food mean you’re giving your dog a nutritious treat!
Why are bully nuggets great training treats?
- They come in the perfect bite-size shape
- Made from beef lung and coated in our secret Bully Stick Gravy formula that your dog will want more of
- They’re high in protein but low in fat compared to other beef cuts
6. Bully Slices
Why are bully slices great training treats?
- These are perfect for an “end of training session” treat!
- Made with cow hide that is coated in our secret Bully Stick Gravy, your dog will work hard during their session for this treat
- It contains functional ingredients that aid in joint health
- By chewing a tough treat, your dog helps maintain healthy teeth and gums
Do you have a question about our canned food, ingredients or any other Redbarn product? Just fill out the form here or call 1 (800) 775-3849 between 8am and 5pm PST, Monday through Friday. Our friendly customer service agents are on call to answer all your pet-related questions!
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and reflect the views of the authors alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of the organization. Redbarninc.com makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. Please note that each situation is different, and you should always consult your veterinarian should you have any questions about your pet’s health.
Want to learn more about Redbarn?
Subscribe to learn the Redbarn story and get our latest content by email.